When putting substantial investment into a generator, whatever its application, you want a brand you can trust well into the future.
Cummins Onan has earned a reputation for designing and manufacturing high-quality, reliable generators. The brand has a great range of generators suitable for use in recreational and mobile commercial vehicles such as motorhomes and food/coffee vans. These units are compact but powerful with reduced noise production; making them perfect for businesses serving customers or holidaymakers taking off for a relaxing weekend getaway.
Reliability is key for business owners while holidaymakers want stress-free escapes, and by purchasing a Cummins Onan generator through an authorised service agent you can be sure you have backup and support that will keep your generator running for years to come.
To help understand how an authorised service agent will deliver on this reliability and quality that Cummins Onan promises we have put it into a few key points. All service agents are:
- Kept up to date with product service bulletins (PSB) and can use your serial number to check if there are any common issues with your model and the recommended warranty work to be performed. Follow this link to see an example of one PSB where a problem was identified by Cummins Onan which was covered by its warranty program
- Trained in fault finding and repairing of all models
- As shown below, service agents are able to access all service, parts and operator’s manuals. It is not uncommon, especially with older machines, that part numbers are superseded so having access to the latest information is important for repairing promptly and correctly
There are also a number of things you can do to help maintain and safely operate your Cummins Onan generator. These include:
- Familiarising yourself with the operator’s manual for your generator and noting how often maintenance and servicing should be performed
- Considering your operating conditions. For example, hot and dusty conditions will mean that your generator needs more frequent maintenance
- Keeping your paperwork in order. Keeping a log of the maintenance you perform and the hours the generator has been run for will not only make it easier to identify when servicing is next due but assist with any warranty claims you may be entitled to
- For warranty work, employ the services of an authorised Cummins dealer. An authorised dealer is always your best point of contact for any advice or work that needs undertaken as they receive the most up-to-date information from the manufacturer. Cummins Onan agents receive maintenance schedules for all generators to ensure all necessary checks are made within specific time frames and warranties are upheld. Agents also receive product bulletins alerting them to any product recalls or redesign of parts, meaning you will always have a fully compliant machine without any additional costs. Failure to update any relevant parts in line with product recalls will mean you will be liable to costs should you not get the generator to your service agent within the specified time frame
- Use genuine parts. Genuine Cummins Onan Green Label Parts are your go-to for any spares your generator may need. These are made to the exact specifications of your generator and will maximise the power output and longevity of your Cummins Onan machine
Ensuring the servicing of your generator is up to date is key to keeping it in the best possible working order. Manufacturers usually suggest annual servicing or servicing based on hours of use so it’s important to consult your generator’s operating manual for suggested servicing schedules.
As an authorised Cummins service agent, Hanlec can advise on the most suitable generator for your application as well as providing genuine Green Label Parts and servicing for your machine.